Animania Mod 1.10.2 (New Chickens, Cows, Pigs, Ferrets)
Animania Mod 1.10.2 is an immersive mod that replaces and improves the passive animals in Minecraft, adding multiple breeds, proper genders, new behaviors, and several new species.
- Better models, textures, and animations
- Proper feed and care of animals
- Improved breeding and more realistic child growth
- More accurate behaviors and actions
- New and better resources and products
- For animals to be happy, they must have access to a consistent supply of food and water, and in some cases (like Pigs) need a place to have fun (like a mud pit)
- If attacked, some animals will run in fear for an extended period of time and may act more unpredictably near you. Others may attack back (like the Bull).
- If animals do not eat or drink, they become unhappy. They will move slower, make less noise, and will emit particles
- Animals will only breed or drop their top resources when they are happy, so you are encouraged to take good care of your animals and their environment
- Animals can be fed by hand (their favorite foods) and watered by hand (with a water bucket)
- The new animals are found all over the overworld, located in different biomes and biome types more accurate to their species and breeds (Animania is compatible with Biome Dictionary).
- To make friends with the animals, simply give them their favorite food. See animal types below to learn more.
- There are achievements for each breed. Collect them all and win big prizes. Note: Prizes equal the amount of sheer satisfaction you get from accomplishing things in video games.
- New species and breeds will constantly be added to the game
- All animals can use a lead (you will need it). A simpler recipe for Lead has been included in the mod.
Animal Types and Breeds:
There are five breeds of cows in Animania. Each has slightly different drops, resources, and attributes. For instance, a Holstein is known for the quality of its Milk, while an Angus is more of a Meat cow.
- Angus (meat cow)
- Hereford (meat cow)
- Texas Longhorn (meat cow), found in Savannas
- Holstein (milk), found in Forests
- Friesian (milk) replaces default vanilla cow, found in Plains
- Eat grass, flowers, and some vegetables (protect your farms!)
- Eat Wheat from troughs
- Drink water from fresh lakes, rivers, man-made ponds, water troughs, or water buckets
- Bulls may attack if provoked
- Cows only breed when they are happy
- Favorite food: Wheat, Yellow and Red Flowers
There are six breeds of Pigs in Animania. Each has slightly different drops, resources, and attributes. All pigs drop meats, some are better with Bacon, some with Roasts.
- Duroc, found in Jungle
- Large Black
- Large White, found in Hills
- Old Spot
- Yorkshire, replaces vanilla, found in Plains
- They love to roll in the mud and swim! Be sure to make them a mud pit and a little pond to dive into!
- Take your pigs to a Forest and they can help you find truffles. Be patient as this may take some time. Truffles can be used to make very good foods.
- Favorite food: Slop, Carrots, …?
There are 5 Chicken Breeds in Animania. Each has slightly different drops and resources. For instance, the Orpington drops the best meat, while the Wyandotte lays brown eggs.
- Leghorn, replaces vanilla, found in Plains
- Plymouth Rock
- Rhode Island Red, found in Forest
- Wyandotte, found in Jungle
- Chickens love to peck the ground, looking for extra food
- Roosters crow in the early morning
- Chickens can drink water from troughs, freshwater lakes and rivers, or from water buckets. Unlike pigs and cows, they do not consume a full water block or bucket.
- Chickens eat seed. This can either be hand fed to them, or scattered on the ground
- Chickens lay eggs in nests. You can either gather these eggs or leave them for the Rooster to help turn into baby chicks.
- Favorite Food: Seeds
There are currently 2 ferret colors. Ferrets currently have no special abilities.
Favorite Foods: Eggs or Most Raw Meats
More special behaviors to Ferrets are coming
(note: breeding is not implemented for Ferrets)
Hamsters come in many different colors. They love storing the food you give them in their little cheeks and following you around if you have food in your hand!
Favorite Food: Hamster Food
Found in: Deserts
More special behaviors to Hamsters are coming
(note: breeding is not implemented for Hamsters)
There are currently 2 peacock variations. Peacocks currently have no special abilities.
Favorite Food: Seeds
More special behaviors to Peacocks are coming
(note: breeding is not implemented for Peacocks)
Breeding is only enabled for 3 animal types at the moment: Chickens, Cows, and Pigs.
To breed cows, simply put an eligible Cow near an eligible Bull of any breed type. If neither of the Cows are in a committed relationship, they will fall in love and make children. Any two breeds of the same species can mate. By default it takes around 1 Minecraft day for a child to be born. The resulting breed is based on chance. Make sure you keep the Mother happy during this time. The Father must stay within a 20 block radius of the mother during gestation and birth.
Similar to cows, simply put an eligible Sow near an eligible Hog of any breed type. If neither of the Pigs are in a committed relationship, they will fall in love and make children. Any two breeds of the same species can mate. By default it takes around 1 Minecraft day for a child to be born. The resulting breed is based on chance. Make sure you keep the Mother happy during this time. The Father must stay within a 20 block radius of the mother during gestation and birth.
To make baby Chicks, simply place a nest for your Hen (recipe below). If the Hen is fed and watered, and enough time has gone by, they will lay eggs in your nest (up to 3). If there is a Rooster nearby, they will hatch into baby chicks. Otherwise, you can gather them from the nest.
As long as you keep your animal kids fed and watered they will grow. By default, it takes around 1 Minecraft day to become an adult (this value can be adjusted in the config).
Resources, Items, and Drops
- Pigs, Cows, and Chickens all drop special meats, some with very beneficial effects
- Each drops their best only when they are happy (fed and watered)
- There are four omelette types, each with different abilities
- Some breed types have special Meat drops
- Beef can be cooked whole, or carved up into Steaks
- Pork can be cooked whole, or carved up into Bacon
- Chicken can be cooked
- Eggs can be cooked into omelettes
- Cheeses can be made from some Cow Milk
- Chocolate Truffles and Truffle Soup can be made with Truffles
- Carving Knife: Used for cutting cheese and meats
- Cheese Mold: Used to create cheese
How to install Animania Mod 1.10.2:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
Animania Mod 1.10.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.10.2