BasketCase Mod 1.12.2 is a small mod for Minecraft that adds wicker baskets as a new form of storage. Baskets can be used decoratively, but they are also a handy form of portable storage. Baskets can be carried around in your hot bar, and their inventory can be accessed from your hot bar with a simple right click. This convenience comes with a few minor tradeoffs: they take a few extra steps to make, and they don’t hold as much as a chest.
There are three sizes:
- Small: four inventory slots; each slot holds four items.
- Medium: eight inventory slots; each slot holds eight items.
- Large: twelve inventory slots; each slot holds twelve items.
Large basket inventory
Baskets are made with wicker. Wicker comes in three sizes—small wicker makes small baskets, medium wicker makes medium baskets, and large wicker makes large baskets. You’ll need a crafting table to make medium and large wicker. (All the baskets themselves also require a crafting table to make.)
Wicker can be made from a variety of materials. The first thing you need is something to bind your wicker together. BasketCase has four types of binding—two from vanilla and two that are new in BasketCase.
- Reeds (sugar cane)
- Bark strips
- Cordage from plant fibers
Here’s how to get bark strips and cordage from plant fibers.
Cordage from plant fibers:
To get plant fibers, break tall grass (not regular grass blocks) or any double-tall plant except sugar cane. The chance of getting plant fibers depends on the tool you are using:
- Bare hands: 50% chance
- Shovel: 70% chance
- Axe: 100% chance
Two or three plant fibers can then be braided into one or two pieces of cordage.
Recipe for cordage from plant fibers
First get some bark from logs by right-clicking with an axe. This will drop four pieces of bark and turn the logs into stripped logs. Stripped logs can be used in place of vanilla logs in crafting recipes. (These are custom stripped logs in 1.12. When BasketCase is updated to 1.13, it will use vanilla stripped logs instead.) Place the bark in the crafting grid to turn it into bark strips.
Recipe for bark strips
Now that you have something to bind the wicker together, you can make the wicker itself. There are two basic recipes:
- Wicker from twigs
- Wicker from bark strips or vines
Wicker from twigs:
Gather twigs by breaking leaves. The chance of getting twigs depends on the tool you are using:
- Bare hands: 50% chance
- Axe: 100% chance
Bind the twigs together using the vines, reeds, cordage, or bark strips you gathered.
Recipe for small wicker from twigs
Recipe for medium wicker from twigs
Recipe for large wicker from twigs
Wicker from vines or bark strips:
Baskets can be made directly from bark strips and vines, because they are much stronger than reeds and cordage. They don’t need twigs to provide structure.
In BasketCase, you can gather vines using an axe instead of shears. When you break a vine block with an axe, all the vines directly beneath it will automatically break and drop vines as well.
Recipe for small wicker from vines or bark strips
Recipe for medium wicker from vines or bark strips
Recipe for large wicker from vines or bark strips
Every basket is made with five pieces of wicker of the appropriate size. You’ll need some extra cordage, sugar cane, bark strips, or vines to bind the five pieces of wicker together. All baskets take a full 3×3 crafting grid, so you will need a crafting table.
Recipe for small basket
Recipe for medium basket
Recipe for large basket
How to use:
- While holding a basket in your hand, right click with it. As long as you aren’t targeting a block, the basket’s inventory will be opened. If you are targeting a block, right-clicking will place the basket on the ground. Baskets can only be placed on flat surfaces.
- After placing a basket on the ground, right click the basket while sneaking to pick it back up.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
BasketCase Mod 1.12.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.12.2
BasketCase Mod 1.12.2 (Let’s go to the Forest Picking Mushrooms) is an alternation of Mod that players can install into Minecraft which they can have experiences differs from the original Minecraft version
Mostly, people modifying Mod for Minecraft (Modders) code by using Minecraft Coder Pack and Modloader or Minecraft Forge. The list classifying the latest of Minecraft 1.14.2 Mods and Minecraft 1.14.2 Mods. Trust me, and your world will be more exciting with many cool mods.