Better Combat Mod for Minecraft 1.11.2/1.10.2
Combat is without a doubt one of the biggest gameplay aspects of Minecraft and perhaps one of its key attraction because the game’s intuitive combat system leads to some rather intense PvP moments that come down to wire. However, in spite of the game’s heavy emphasis towards combat, the system seems a tad bit lacking in certain areas such as customizability. The Better Combat makes some subtle yet clover changes that make the game’s combat feel a lot more functional and overall significantly more enjoyable than usual. If you frequently find yourself in combat scenarios while playing Minecraft then you’ll almost certainly enjoy using this mod.
The Better Combat implements a ton of configurable changes into Minecraft’s combat system and you can then customize each one of these changes exactly according to your preferences. It brings a lot of convenient stuff such as energy return when an attack doesn’t connect, gives attacks a wider reach, gives attacks a critical strike chance and it even allows players to attack people while sprinting if they have this option enabled which makes for a lot of great fast-paced combat scenarios.
Although Better Combat brings a lot to the table, perhaps its biggest feature is giving players the ability to dual wield weapons. With this mod applied you’ll be able to equip weapons in your off-hand as well and use them to strike as you normally do. This is a tad risky since you’ll be left without any major source of defense but it’s great when you want to go all in on your opponents and inflict devastating amounts of damage in a really short time frame. The features of the Better Combat mod might take a little getting used to but once you get the hang of them you’ll pretty much never want to go back.
Better Combat Mod for Minecraft 1.11.2 and 1.10.2 Changelogs
- New option added: Weaker Left Arm (Attacks with your offhand deals 50% less damage).
- You should no longer damage a cow if you try to give it wheat while having a weapon in your offhand.
- You should no longer damage a sheep if you try to shear it.
- Bug fixes!
Refound energy on missing an attack
- Melee attacks that don’t hit the target won’t trigger the attack cooldown.
- Melee attacks gain +1 block range.
- Melee attacks hit in a wider area (easier to land hit).
Attacks require full energy
- You may only attack if your energy is full (disabled by default).
- Melee attacks have now 30% chance to critically strike, critical strikes can no longer be forced by falling.
Attack and sprint
- Attacking an enemy while sprinting will no longer interrupt your sprint.
More swipe animation
- Every items can trigger the sword swipe animation.
Additional hit sound
- Add an additional sound when striking a target.
Additional crit sound
- Add an additional sound when a critical strike happens.
How to install Better Combat Mod?
- Install Minecraft Forge.
- Put the mod’s .jar file you downloaded into mods directory.
Download Links for Better Combat Mod
for Minecraft 1.11.2 / 1.11
for Minecraft 1.10.2 / 1.10
for Minecraft 1.9.4
Credit: Ironfists – Original Thread on CursForge