Better With Mods Mod 1.11.2/1.10.2
Better With Mods Mod 1.11.2/1.10.2 is a mod created by Beeto based largely on Better Than Wolves. Its goal is to “reimagine” a large amount of Better Than Wolves’ content, but with better integration and compatibility with other mods, as well as adapting to new versions of Minecraft, rather than simply sticking on an old version. It changes some of Vanilla Minecraft’s functionality, and adds a large amount of new features.
- Mechanical power
- Mechanical processing
- Redstone devices
- Soulforged steel tools
- Immersive Engineering integration
- Tinkers Construct integration
- Screw pump
- Aesthetic blocks?
- Food mod integration (mainly milling things from Pam’s Harvestcraft)
- 4×4 crafting grid (not explicitly the soulforged anvil, probably take the appearance of an upgraded crafting bench)
- Plate mail (to be implemented with 4×4 crafting)
Currently, the main item of interest in the mod is the mechanical power system, as well as nearly everything associated with it.
As of right now, the mod is still in a work-in-progress status. While work is being done to provide basic progression, the main goal is compatibility and expansion.
In terms of vanilla changes, there is the option to establish safe havens in the Nether with materials not native to the dimension (enabled by default), the ability for mob spawners to spread moss, as well as harvesting trees being slightly more difficult and only dropping planks, sawdust, and bark without the proper tool.
Warning: This mod has config options that will impact how the game is played. It is recommended to look through things you want to disable before starting the world.
Better With Mods Mod Wiki Page:
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata%.minecraft and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
For Minecraft 1.10.2
For Minecraft 1.11.2