The name of the BetterFPS alone is enough to explain what the mod’s been designed for. Framerate has remained a constant issue for Minecraft ever since it surfaced many years back. It’s rather surprising to many people that this game suffers from framerate issues because its visuals don’t really seem to be that resource heavy. However, due to a lack of proper optimization, Minecraft requires players to have a relatively high-end PC in order to run it without having any issues with the FPS (Frames Per Second). Fortunately, there are many different mods out there that enhance the game’s FPS in various ways and the BetterFPS is one of them.
The BetterFPS mod does its thing by changing the way the game calculates the sine and cosines. Doing this allows the game to function much better so this mod is pretty much a godsend if you’re using a low end PC and are struggling to run Minecraft smoothly. Of course it won’t solve all the FPS problems you face with the game but it will certainly reduce them significantly which will allow you to have a much smoother and therefore more enjoyable experience when playing Minecraft.
One crucial thing to remember about the BetterFPS mod is that it has multiple different algorithms for players to choose from. Each of these algorithms is designed for the same purpose of increasing the FPS but some perform better than others in certain scenarios and this is why you might need to switch the algorithms from time to time in order to ensure that the mod keeps functioning optimally. To change the algorithms you can use the config file that comes with the mod or there’s also an in-game user-interface that you can bring up with the F12 key that can be used as well.
BetterFPS Mod Changelogs
- Added Fast Creative Search. It should be noticeable in modpacks with lots of items ?
- Fixed options menu not saving
- Changed the “restart” trigger for the options menu. It shouldn’t ask you to restart when you don’t even need ?
- Recoded the whole patching system, fixing incompatibilities with other mods.
- Recoded the options screen. For now there aren’t noticeable differences, but the new code supports stuff that I’ll be using in the future
- Recoded the installer. There are more options now, it supports translations, creates a profile, etc
- Added translations!
- Added Brazilian Portuguese translation
- Added German translation (Thanks to QuImUfu)
- Fixed a bunch of bugs all around the mod
How to install BetterFPS Mod?
- Make sure Forge is installed
- Put the jar in your mods folder
- Run the game!
Download Links for BetterFPS Mod
for Minecraft 1.11.2
for Minecraft 1.11
for Minecraft 1.10 / 1.10.2
for Minecraft 1.9.4
for Minecraft 1.9
for Minecraft 1.8.9
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: Guichaguri – Original Thread on CursForge