Chisels & Bytes is an addon for Chisels & Bits Mod by AlgorithmX2. The mod allows you to export Chisels & Bits blocks or designs as a descriptive file for the OpenComputers Mod 3D printer and works client-side only.
There are two prominent advantages of a 3D print over the Chisels & Bits block:
- Since the 3D printer is available in OpenComputers for Minecraft 1.7.10, this mod allows you, within limits, to port your Chisel & Bits creations back to Minecraft 1.7.10.
- 3D prints have some features C&B blocks don’t. First and foremost, they can have two states. Depending on the settings, you can emulate the behaviour of a door, switch or button. Second they can be set to emit light, no matter what they are made from. Finally you can set collision for each state. For more information install the print3d-examples package via oppm and look at the example file (/usr/share/models/example.3dm).
- After installing the mod, hold a Chisels & Bits block in your hand and (by default) press the Next/Page Up key. The script will be copied to your clipboard and can be directly pasted into the in-game OpenComputers Editor or, out of game, into your favourite text editor for adjustment. The data is formatted for use with the print3d program available via the OpenComputers package manager oppm.
- If you have a Chisels & Bits block in the hotbar slot to the right of your active item (or offhand), it will be used as the active state for the 3D print.
- Latest version adds limited fluid support. Sneaking toggles between using the still and flowing texture for fluid bits. Also if the C&B block/design contains light emitting bits, the respective option will be set in the descriptive file.
- By default the OpenComputers 3D printer only allows 24 shapes. The mod tries to minimize the number of shapes, but complex blocks will probably go beyond that easily. The limit can be changed in the OpenComputers configuration file (maxShapes in the printer section).
- If you port a design to Minecraft 1.7.10 you will probably have to manually adjust the textures in the file. Textures are also not guaranteed to work Minecraft 1.9 -> Minecraft 1.8.
- [Minecraft 1.9+] Minecraft 1.9 removed the method I used to read the color of FlatColoredBlocks blocks, so I now have to specifically code for the mod. This can break at any update to FlatColoredBlocks but shouldn’t cause crashes, only missing tint specification.
- Partial fluid bit support is now available. This is limited by the capabilities of 3d prints, the fluid will not be semi-transparent and you can only use either the still or flowing texture.
- Designs are now supported for export, rotation is ignored though. Negative Designs are intentionally disabled, for the purposed of this mod they hold no useful information.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge, Chisels & Bits Mod and OpenComputers Mod.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Chisels & Bytes Mod 1.11.2/1.10.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.8.9
For Minecraft 1.10.2/1.9.4
For Minecraft 1.11.2
Chisels & Bytes Mod 1.11.2/1.10.2 for Minecraft is an alternation of Mod that players can install into Minecraft which they can have experiences differs from the original Minecraft version
Mostly, people modifying Mod for Minecraft (Modders) code by using Minecraft Coder Pack and Modloader or Minecraft Forge. The list classifying the latest of Minecraft 1.10.2 Mods and Minecraft 1.11.2 Mods. Trust me, and your world will be more exciting with many cool mods.