When you place the block in the world and activate (right click) it, you will be presented with a GUI similar to a chest’s, but with six slots that only accept food.
When you break the cooler it keeps its inventory, and while it is in your inventory and you are hungry, the cooler will feed you, first from it’s buffer, then it’s inventory. This is more efficient because your saturation gets completely filled for free.
If you look at the cooler’s tooltip in your inventory, you may notice that it says whether its colored and/or transparent, and if you have food stored in it, it will even display the items in it and their quantities, as well as displaying the cooler’s food buffer (keep in mind that 1 point in its buffer is one-half of a hunger icon).
You can dye the coolers bye using any color of dye on them while they are in the world (yes, that includes bonemeal). You can also make transparent coolers, although this is purely aesthetic, does nothing extra.
How to install Coolers Mod 1.11.2/1.7.10:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
Download Links for Coolers Mod 1.11.2/1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.6.4
For Minecraft 1.7.2
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.11.2