Dense Ores Mod makes it possible for you to have texture packs without creating a new texture (although you can create one anyway if you’re not happy with the way it looks).
Dense Ores mod adds ‘dense’ versions of ore blocks that will drop 3x the items that regular ore will. It generates about 1-10 dense blocks per chunk (replacing already generated ores). for an overall increase in ores of about 5%. The textures for the dense ores are dynamically generated from the base ores texture and the equivalent ‘stone’ texture.
- S:baseBlock – The ore block that you wish to replace. This is in the form modid:blockname
- I:baseBlockMeta – The metadata value for the block (0-15)
- S:baseBlockTexture – The ores texture name (as found in assets/modid/textures/blocks)
- D:denseOreProbability – Currently unused.
- I:renderType – This changes the way the texture generation works.
- I:retroGenId – Retrogen number. Set it to non-zero to enable retrogen. You can change it to a diffent number to run retrogen again.
- S:underlyingBlock – The texture of the base block (usually stone or netherrack), see baseBlockTexture.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.