Dynamic Surroundings Mod alters the player’s visual and audible experience in Minecraft, and does not alter game mechanics. The player has a high degree of control over their experience, and modpack authors can customize biome and block effects based on their need.
When precipitation occurs Dynamic Surroundings will generate a random storm intensity. This intensity will affect a variety of different things:
- The “density” of the downfall.
- Volume of sound.
Furthermore, deserts will experience dust storms, and the Nether will have it’s version of storms.
Auroras trigger at night when a player is standing in a “polar” biome such as Taiga or Ice Field. The size, shape, and coloration can change per Aurora spawned. The brightness of an Aurora is affected by the brightness of the Moon.
Biomes can have specific sounds that play while standing in them. The sound played can be different night or day, rain or shine. Forests have birds chirping, beaches have waves, swamps have crickets…
Blocks can have a variety of effects, sound as well as visual. Examples:
- Lava can form lava jets on the surface which spout fire or sparks.
- Bubbles can rise from the bottom of lakes, oceans, and ponds.
- Soul Sand can trigger demonic laughter.
- Wooden planks can squeak when walked upon.
- Dust motes can fall from various blocks.
- Steam will rise from water because of nearby lava.
- Fireflies will spawn at night around various plants in temperate biomes.
Presence Footsteps is integrated directly within Dynamic Surroundings. This feature generates different footstep sounds as the player walks and jumps. The sounds played are based upon the material that the player is standing on or moving through.
Various effects, both sound and visual, can be triggered or suppressed:
- Damage/Heal pop offs. Whenever a mob gets hurt or is healed a pop-off particle will fly off around the mob indicating the amount of change.
- Weapon/tool swoosh. A sound gets played when swinging around a weapon or tool.
- Jump. A “huh” sound will play when jumping.
- Bow pull. A sound gets played when a player pulls back on a bow.
- Crafting sound. Plays when an item is crafted by the player.
- Heartbeat. When a players health drops to 40% or less Steve’s heart begins to beat loudly.
- Hunger. When a players food bar drops to 40% or less the stomach beings to rumble.
- Potion particle swirls. Can be turned off so they don’t interfere with the players field of view.
- Potion HUD. Replaces the Minecraft potion HUD with one that gives names and the effects remaining time.
Aurora w/Calm Snow
Firejets in the Nether
Steam rising from Water
Fireflies and Speech Bubble
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
|File Name||Status||Game Version||Date|
|DynamicSurroundings-1.10.2-126.96.36.199.jar||Beta||1.10.2||Jan 10, 2017|
|DynamicSurroundings-1.8.9-188.8.131.52.jar||Release||1.8.9||Mar 28, 2016|
|DynamicSurroundings-1.7.10-184.108.40.206.jar||Release||1.7.10||Mar 28, 2016|
Credits : mod-minecraft.net