For players who just aren’t getting the kind of brightness they want from Minecraft, which is a surprising number, the Gammabright mod is just the thing to help make Minecraft easier to see during the darker times in game. Basically this is an advanced tool for adjusting brightness, gamma and other aspects of lighting in Minecraft, which allows for the brightness slider in the options menu to be overhauled and taken well beyond its standard maximum level. The coolest part about this mod is the light seems to come from the world’s objects rather than the sky itself – it’s very interesting to see for the first time.
To be more specific, if you crank up the gamma using this mod, the world around you will brighten up, but if it’s the middle of the night then the sky will remain dark and full of stars. It really is an amazing effect that allows you to keep going on those especially long mining and looting trips where you run out of torches, but it doesn’t break the game or do anything else to change the way Minecraft works. If all you want is a brighter world, then the Gammabright mod is exactly what your Minecraft game needs.
Gammabright Mod for Minecraft 1.11 and 1.7.10 Changelogs
- Fixed update checker to allow for multiple revisions on multiple Minecraft versions.
- Indicator no longer covers debug info when toggled.
- Mirrored 1.8 version with 1.7.10 version.
How to install Gammabright Mod?
- Download and install the Liteloader Mod for Minecraft!
- Download the Gammabright Mod, download links are below!
- Just go to “.minecraftmods1.8.0″ and move the mod file into 1.8.0 folder!
Download Links for Gammabright Mod
for Minecraft 1.11.2
for Minecraft 1.11
for Minecraft 1.10.2 / 1.10
for Minecraft 1.9.4
for Minecraft 1.8.9
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: kymaster – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum