Chopping down trees too tedious for you? Keep getting lost in your own mines? Tired of farming crops for ungrateful pigs? Why not let those lazy villagers do the work while you sit back and reap the rewards? With Helpful Villagers you get to do just that and more!
- Better Models – Villager models now resemble player models, no more crossed arms and big noses.
- More Interaction – Villagers are no longer walking trading posts. Now clicking on a villager will bring up a set of commands that will make the villager follow the player, trade with the player, or change its profession.
- Villager Inventory – Villagers can now carry as many items as a small chest which the player can access at any time. Also, villagers can now equip functional armor and a held item which they use to perform certain tasks.
- Working Professions – Unlike in vanilla Minecraft, a villager’s profession does more than just determine what type of items he can trade. Now not only do villagers perform complicated tasks based on their profession but they do them almost completely autonomously, just give them the tools to get the job done and leave the hard work to them!
- Guild Halls – When a villager isn’t working he will return to his guild hall to resupply and store any items he has collected for you to pick up at your leisure.
The Helpful Villagers mod is a great addition to the game to give you more out of your villages. Typically when you find a new village it may be a good starting point for your own city or you can utilize it for trade. But ultimately villages are pretty mundane in vanilla Minecraft. With this mod you can now give your villagers professions and skills in order to become self sustained.
The most important aspect in order to give your new citizens jobs is the Guild Hall. You’ll need it to unlock jobs to assign your villagers. All you need to do is add a frame to any building with a door in the village. Then put the appropriate tool in the frame that corresponds to a specific job; i.e. axe for lumberjack, hoe for farmer, etc. Do this for each profession and you’ll be in business.
Then when you right click a villager you’ll be able to assign any jobs you’ve unlocked. After that you’ll need to either stock the guild with tools for your now employed villagers or manually give them equipment.
Then once you’ve given out jobs and tools, your villagers will go to work. It may be slow going at first but eventually you’ll have people farming, fishing and mining for you.
And one important aspect to this mod is that each villager has their own inventory. This is not only good for them to collect items they drop but you can also store your own excess inventory with them and then have them follow you around!
All villagers can be equipped with armor to protect them. Also, villager health now slowly regenerates over time.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
Download Helpful Villagers Mod