In-Game Wiki Mod 1.10.2/1.7.10 (GUI in Minecraft)
In-Game Wiki Mod 1.10.2/1.7.10 adds a Graphical User Interface (GUI) into the game. You can open this with the ‘i’ key (by default). If you’re hovering over a block in the world when you press the ‘i’ key you’ll automatically be navigated to the page about this block. Likewise for entities.
The info on the pages is retrieved from text files stored in /assets/igwmod/wiki//. For blocks/items the file the mod searches for is named the same as the unlocalized name of the block/item, with either block/ or item/ prefixed. The currently included files about Vanilla are there as a proof of concept. However, if you install PneumaticCraft, you’ll see a full implementation of IGW-Mod.
The info in the files can be plain text. However, there are some commands with which you can easily include crafting/furnace and even custom recipes, pictures and/or references to other block’s/item’s pages. A tutorial for this can be found in the mod itself. Make sure to enable ‘debug mode’ in the mod’s config.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
In-Game Wiki Mod 1.10.2/1.7.10 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.8.8
For Minecraft 1.6.4
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.8.0
For Minecraft 1.8.9
For Minecraft 1.10.2/1.9.4