MineWorld is a mod intented to be an extension of Vanilla, so it doesn’t change really much the game, but instead it evolve. What i mean? Well, you’ll see now.
First at all it adds some new ores to the game, this are classic ores such as:
Except for pyrite and marble you can make tools, weapons, armor and blocks with this materials, so nothing special with that.
The interesting part come with plants. MineWorlds adds some biomes to the World Generation. These biomes are:
- the Volcano biome, wich is a coal and lava rock (a block added by the mod) biome with many lava pools
- the Apple Forest (a simple forest but with apple trees, a new tree added wich leaves always drops an apple, and it has a red log, wich can be turned in planks, slabs and stairs. Also with apple wood you can craft all the wood-related items and blocks)
- the Ice Mountains, a tall mountains generated with snow, ice and packed ice (the ground and the bottom blocks are generated randomically, so you can have an Ice Mountains biome with ice on top and snow on bottom and another Ice Mountains biome with snow on top and ice on bottom)
- the Artic biome, basically a plain with ice and packed ice
- the Dead Forest, a plain biome with coarse dirt and leaf-less trees (the log of the trees is randomically for biome, so you can have a Dead Forest with oak leaf-less tree and another Dead Forest with acacia leaf-less tree)
- the Palm Beach, a desert biome, generally near to an ocean, where Palms are generated (Palms are another tree that grow on sand and it has is own leaves and wood).
Also this mod adds some new underwater plants, to give life to oceans, like the red and blue corals and the kelp. Also underwater sand and sponges will generate.
Next we have some basic machinery, like detectors and miners. Detectors are quite expensive to craft, due to it’s potential, and there are 3 tiers. The higher the tier the higher the radius they detect. The way they work is simple: they check if a specific ore is in a specific area. If there is, based on their thier, it will say in chat how many ores there are or where one of them is.
The miners are self-explanatory. They breaks all blocks in a radius (stone blocks if the tool is a pickaxe, wood blocks if is an axe, ground blocks if is a shovel). Due to it’s potential they are pretty expensive to craft and they can break when used on a random chance (based on the tool used, so a wood miner and a diamond miner doesn’t have the same chance to break after use).
Moving on, this mod adds four new dimensions, each with unique mobs, structures and bosses. To access them you need to make a portal (like a nether portal) but with different material:
- stone for the Corrupted dimension
- glowstone for the Sacred dimension
- Obsidian for the Shadow dimension
- Iron Blocks for the Crazy Dimension
To activate the portal you need a specific lighter, wich is crafted using an iron ingot and an ore for that dimension (wich spawn rarely in the overworld and can be found in dungeon chests). So using an iron ingot and a corrupted emerald you’ll get a corrupted lighter, so you can activate a portal to the corrupted dimension. Of course, using the sacred, the shadow and the crazy emerald, you’ll get, respectively, a sacred, a shadow and a crazy lighter that will grant you the access to their dimensions.
In each dimension there is a boss inside a structure, and this is randomly generated inside the dimension.
In the Corrupted dimension there is the Corruptor, wich is based on an Enderman but deals more damage and regen his life.
In the sacred dimension there is the Titan, a Giant mob that attacks the player with lightning bolts and explosions.
In the Shadow Dimension, at the top of a generated structure called “The Souls Tower” there is Shadow, a flying mob that shoots fireballs to the player. He shoots more fireballs as his life is getting low (with a maximum of 15 fireballs per sec).
And in the Crazy dimension there is the Scientist, a humanoid boss that applies some random negative effects to the player and can become invisible.
When a boss is killed it will drop a key, this key can be used to unlock a chest containing the reward for the victory. Beating the boss is the only way to get that loot, as the locked chests are unbreakable.
Each boss, including the EnderDragon, the Wither and the ElderGuardian, will drop an emblem. This emblem can be used to activate some altars in a structure in the Nether. In this structure you’ll find all the altars for each boss of the game (EnderDragon, Wither, Elder Guardian, Corruptor, Titan, Shadow, Scientist). When you activate all of them Herobrine will spawn in the middle of the structure and the boss battle begins.
Herobrine is a powerful boss, wich can cast zombies, lightning bolts, fire, apply negative effects on player, and also has knockback resistance and a armor value of 20 (basically the same protection as a diamond armor).
As addons, disabled by default because are very “heavy” to load, there are:
- colored variations for basically all of the blocks of Vanilla Minecraft and MineWorld (like colored iron bars, stone, sandstone, slime blocks…)
- slabs, stairs, carpets, pressure plates, buttons and walls for all of the blocks of Vanilla Minecraft and MineWorld (like prismarine slabs, obsidian walls, mossy stone bricks stairs, oak log button….)
- emerald tools, armor and sword
- some new doors (glass, gold, emerald, diamond)
- trapdoors for other types of wood (so birch trapdoor, spruce trapdoor….).
You can enable this addons by editing the config file and setting them to true (wich you can find by going in your minecraft folder and looking for a file called mineworld.cfg), but i don’t recommend adding both at the same time.
Mine World Mod Download Links:
|File Name||Status||Game Version||Date|
|MineWorld-0.7.2.jar||Release||1.10.2||Nov 5, 2016|
|MineWorld-0.6.2.jar||Release||1.9.4||Jul 19, 2016|
|MineWorld-0.6.jar||Release||1.8||Feb 24, 2016|
|MineWorld-0.4.1.jar||Release||1.10||Feb 4, 2016|
|MineWorld-1.7.2-0.3.jar||Release||1.7.2||Jul 16, 2014|
|MineWorld_0.2.zip||Release||1.6.4||Mar 20, 2014|
Credits : mod-minecraft.net