The Packing Tape mod takes what is perhaps one of the world’s most convenient accessories and implements said accessory into Minecraft. The accessory that this mod adds, as the name suggests, is Packing Tape. It’s extremely useful, and its use is fairly obvious. Basically, it can be used to turn pretty much any block into a portable block that can be transported anywhere with the utmost convenience. Whenever you use this tape on a block, then it will turn into a portable state and during this state you can take it wherever you want without any issues and problems.
Using the tape of the Packing Tape mod is pretty simple. However, before using the tape itself, you’ll first have to craft it. In order to craft the tape, you will need string, paper, slime balls and any type of crafting grid. Once you have access to the tape itself, you’ll be able to apply it onto whatever you want. However, while the tape can be applied to most things, a few of them are blacklisted for a variety of different reasons. For example, the end portal blocks have been removed due to security issues, the player skulls don’t have an item block form and similar to this, a few other blocks have been blacklisted as well.
In order to use the Packing Tape, all you have to do is right click on a block with the tape equipped, and the packing procedure will take place. Once a block has been packed you can harvest it and then carry it to wherever you want. In order to unpack a block, you simply have to right-click it, and the rest will take care of itself. All said and done; this is a very useful mod that adds a lot of portability and convenience to in-game blocks.
Packing Tape Mod for Minecraft 1.11 and 1.10.2 Changelogs
- Tape rolls now have multiple uses, but they require paper to function.
- Partial rolls will not stack anymore, but whole ones still do!
- Unpacking a block does not activate it anymore.
How to Use:
- Craft the tape with string, paper and slime balls in any crafting grid (shapeless).
- Right-click with the tape on a block with TileEntity (chests, machines, …) to pack.
- Harvest the box to carry it around, and place it in its target location.
- Right-click on a packed block to unpack.
Note: Sneaking while placing the block will disable the rotation system while unboxing!
How to install Packing Tape Mod?
- Download Forge installer
- Download Packing Tape mod for your Minecraft version
- Install Forge on your Minecraft
- Run Minecraft, close Minecraft
- Put the mod in mods folder
- Run Minecraft, enjoy!
Download Links for Packing Tape Mod
for Minecraft 1.11 / 1.11.2
for Minecraft 1.10.2 / 1.10 / 1.9.4
for Minecraft 1.8.9
for Minecraft 1.8
Credit: gigaherz – Original Thread on CursForge