PrimalCore is a mod that’s targeted at players who frequently engage themselves in the survival mode of Minecraft but don’t feel that it lives up to its name. Survival mode is about testing a player’s instincts to see how well they can go against all odds but, over time, early game survival in Minecraft has become a pretty simple task that can be accomplished by following a few simple steps. Fortunately, the PrimalCore mod is here to change this because it adds a lot of depth to early game survival and thereby makes things a lot more enjoyable for the players.
PrimalCore mod features
Perhaps the biggest change made by the PrimalCore mod is that it disables all the vanilla stone and wood tools the players rely on so much during the early phases of the survival mode. Due to the default tools being disabled, you’ll have to rely on a set of flint based tools to help you get started. Fortunately, the mod gives players various sources through which they can acquire flint and this will make sure that you always have the resources necessary to craft the tools you need. All the tools that this mod features require a knapped flint as well as some kind of cordage. For those who don’t know what knapped flint is, it’s basically a form of flint that can be acquired by hitting a piece of flint against an in-game stone block.
Of course, it goes without saying that you’ll also need a weapon to survive the early game and the PrimalCore mod features a sharp bone that you will have to utilize as your primary means of combat. Alongside the sharp bone, there’s also a work blade that you can not only use as a weapon but as a crafting tool as well. Overall, PrimalCore is a creatively designed mod that makes early game survival an extremely engaging activity.
PrimalCore Mod Update Logs
- Fix work blade crash when stripping Corypha logs
- Fix ladderBlock facing for real this time
- Fix wood harvesting compatibility for TC mattock
- Add nether earth, nether farmland, nether path blocks + worldgen
- Add new nether plants
- Config file changes new flammability section
- New config hooks
How to install PrimalCore Mod?
- Download Forge installer, open it and install
- Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge in the profile list
- Click Edit Profile and then Open Game Dir, this opens the game folder
- Create a new folder called mods
- Download the mod and put it into the mods folder
Download Links for PrimalCore Mod
for Minecraft 1.11.2 / 1.11
for Minecraft 1.10.2
Credit: An_Sar – Original Thread on CursForge