Sound Physics Mod for Minecraft 1.11
Sound Physics 1.11 is a mod that overhauls Minecraft’s sound engine to simulate reverberation, sound occlusion/absorption, and physically based sound attenuation. The sound simulation provides interesting aural cues; you’ll be able to tell whether a mob can be directly seen and whether it’s just around the corner or in a closed-off area with your eyes closed. Exploring caves is much more immersive, and reverberation provides a sense of scale to grand structures or large underground ravines.
Any sound files that are stereo instead of mono will not function properly! If a sound file is stereo, the sound will always play at full volume with no spatial panning no matter where the sound is coming from or how far away it is! If you are making custom sounds, make sure that they’re mono! You can use a free audio editor like Audacity to convert stereo sound files to mono.
You should set the Environment Evaluation Rays in the Mod Options to the highest value that doesn’t produce stuttering when sounds play (which shouldn’t be an issue on moderately capable CPUs). More rays will give a more consistent and accurate sound simulation.
If your Minecraft is running at a low frame rate (below 30 fps), some sound artifacts can occur (a sound randomly having the wrong reverb settings).
How to install Sound Physics 1.11:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Download Sound Physics Soundfix Resource Pack.
- Place the resource pack .zip file in your .minecraft/resourcepacks directory
- Select the resource pack in Options > Resource Packs and make sure it’s at the top of the active resource packs list.
- Configure the parameters in the Mod Options menu to your liking.
- Enjoy the mod.
Sound Physics 1.11 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.11