The You Will Die Mod For Minecraft 1.7.2/1.6.4/1.6.2
The You Will Die Mod was originally made in 96 hours for the 2013 MCP #ModJam. It’s a rogue-like inspired mod which strives to make Minecraft more difficult, and rewarding, by adding traps, mystery potions, weapon stats, blessings, more dungeons, world goals, and more! For best effect, play on Hardcore mode!
It is when you feel that mobs seem to be easier to kill, your goals are too easy and everything feels the same, you can use The You Will Die Mod to making Minecraft harder, avoid getting bored when playing.
- Worlds are given goals and disadvantages. Completing a goal will remove the world’s disadvantage, and give you a new goal. Use /currentGoal and /currentDisadvantage to check out both of these. There are currently 6 world disadvantages for you to discover!
- Blessings. Players are given a blessing when they first join a world. You can swap out blessings at pillars that gen around the world. Use the examine key (x default) to see what blessing a pillar has. You can only have one blessing at a time. /currentBlessing will show your current blessing. There are currently 12 different blessings for you to discover!
- Traps spawn all around the world and can only be seen while sneaking and within a 6 block radius. You can disarm them by right clicking them with nothing in hand, but be careful, because there’s a 75% chance you’ll fail and hurt yourself. Successful disarms have a 25% chance to drop the trap as an item. There are currently two different traps. You can turn off trap generation in the properties.
- Hostile mobs are given a level from 1-5. Levels change how much health a mob has, and level 5 mobs will be given a blessing. Use the examine key to see if a mob has a blessing.
- Dungeons are 13 times more likely to gen, and above ground dungeon towers will gen with spawners and chests.
- Mystery potions have a 1 in 10 chance to drop from mobs, and spawn in dungeon chests. There are 13 in total, 12 to discover, and a 13th wildcard potion. Once you’ve drank one in a world, you will permanently know that potions ability!
- Bows, axes, and swords get a random rank from 1-5 which influences it’s max bonus damage on creation.
- You can also examine blocks and mobs to see their names.
- Configurable settings.
- 5 achievements
Spike Trap (Shapeless):
(1 iron pressure plate + 1 cactus)
Flame Trap (Shapeless):
(1 iron pressure plate + 1 torch)
Smoke Trap (Shapeless):
(1 iron pressure plate + 1 squid ink)
Mystery Potion (Splash) (Shapeless):
(1 mystery potion + 1 gunpowder)
Mystery Potion (Shapeless):
(1 mystery mushroom + 1 water bottle + 1 leather = 1 mystery potion)
(2 obsidian + 1 endstone)
Infused Obsidian Sceptre (Shapeless):
(1 obsidian sceptre + 1 enderpearl + 1 book)
Allows deconstruction of pillars.
How to install The ?You Will Die? Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download The ?You Will Die? Mod
- Put The ?You Will Die? Mod zip file into your /.minecraft/mods folder. Do not unzip it. If you don’t have a mods folder, create it
- Updated to 1.7.2. Minor bugfixes.
Mod Download Links: