Torched Mod 1.10.2 adds a couple of items which aids with torch placement. Mainly a gun, rocket, and launcher.
This being the most practical of items, the torch gun will look through your inventory and take note of the number of torches you have. The durability of the torch gun indicates the number of uses of flint and steel left remaining to light up torches leaving the barrel. Right click to fire a torch from your inventory. It’ll hurt mobs it hits and attempt to place a torch if it hits a block. If it fails to place a torch it will drop as an item.
This would be the tool to get a widely (though not evenly) distribution of torch placement around a wide radius. Place it down, and right click it with gunpowder or torches to add to the count (up to 512 [8 stacks]), or throw the whole stack in to add the stack to the count. An ideal ratio of torches to gunpowder would be 3 torches to 1 gunpowder. It can be launched by right clicking it with flint and steel (slow), or lighting it on fire or using redstone power (fast). As an added bonus, you can add gold nuggets (up to 16, right clicked only), to add a little variation to the launch.
Torch Launcher and Ammo:
This torch launcher requires ammo, the “Rocket Propelled Torch”. Have a bunch in your inventory and use the RPT (Rocket Propelled Torch) Launcher to fire.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge and iChun Util Mod.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Torched Mod 1.10.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.5.2
For Minecraft 1.6.2/1.6.4
For Minecraft 1.7.2
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.8.0
For Minecraft 1.10.2