Village Names Mod 1.7.10 patches up a shortcoming that nobody else has addressed.
Whenever a village is generated, it also generates a sign nearby the well: An option in the configs changes the well’s rim to slabs so that villagers and players won’t get stuck inside.
Anyway, that sign shows a randomly generated name for the village:
Whenever you interact with a villager (i.e., open the trading GUI), the villager will reveal its name to you:
The village’s sign can be broken, or may accidentally not generate; or you may install this mod after a village has generated, but this mod has no retrogen. In any of these cases you might think that affected villages won’t have names. But don’t worry:
If you right-click a book onto a villager, it will record the village’s name and location into it!
This of course will also work even if the village has a sign by the well. Anyway, according to this Village Book, there is a fourth villager that we haven’t discovered.
One custom decorative block crafting recipes
How to install Village Names Mod 1.7.10:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
Village Names Mod 1.7.10 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.7.10