Zombie Awareness Mod makes your enemies and the zombies stronger by enabling unlimited range pathfinding on entities. They are so aware of you that they will find you whenever you bleed or make lots of noises. More enhanced sight, smell and sound senses are added to entities.
With smarter and more aware zombies (and skeletons, spiders), they track you down via blood scent, sound, and light source awareness, config lets you pick and choose what features to have.
- Blood scents: You spill blood if you get hurt, and if low health you bleed out once in a while
- Sound sources: Mining for blocks will alert other zombies of your position
- Light sources: Zombies can see exposed light sources from super far away, and will come to investigate if they have line of sight
- Night surface spawning: More zombies spawn in groups at night, causes random invasions
- Randomly faster zombies: Zombies are given a small buff in speed to add more unpredictableness
- More sound queues: If a zombie is coming to investigate, you will hear a noise for it, same goes for if a zombie sees you and has targeted you, turn on sound subtitles for more help, can be turned off via mods volume configs
Hostile monsters have been given the ability to smell blood that the player spills, and even hear the players activities depending on how loud and frequent it is. If they sense it, they will find you.
Mining in caves has a whole new challenge to it with this. Be careful not to get cornered when busy making all that noise mining those much needed materials and always plan an escape route.
Full Feature List:
Optional extra senses
- When Blood scents are dropped, they slowly decay in strength until gone, causing hostiles to pathfind to the stronger scents, where you might be.
- When the player is hurt, he spills blood onto the ground.
- When the player is below 60% health, he bleeds every 30 seconds leaving a fresh scent, so be sure to keep healthy. (visual indicator coming soon)
For distractions, you can kill an animal which spills blood on death, giving you a better chance to get away to safety or to clear an opening to a cave.
- Scent usage and strength is customizable, strength defaults at 100% of a 64 block radius.
- When pretty much anything near the player makes a sound, there is a chance that a hostile within about 16 blocks might hear it.
- Sounds traces are amplified and are heard from farther away if they are very frequent. So a lot of arrows landing or fighting off a lot of monsters will attract company fairly soon, better relocate.
- Sound usage and strength is customizable, strength defaults at 100% of a 64 block radius. (19 blocks)
- Customizable sight awareness range.
- Option for X-Ray Sight targeting.
Option to have hostiles lose their target based on range and line of sight, or to never loses target.
- Option for Omnipotent auto player targeting.
- Uses my CoroAI package that supports a queued rangeless pathfinding running on a separate thread. If sight range or auto targeting is within the set pathfind range, it does a full pathfind attempt. If outside the range, the hostile will pathfind in small pieces towards its target, using multiple different attempts, tries an area towards the target a couple times, if that fails, tries to pathfind to the highest Y block towards the target, works amazingly well for long distance surface focused situations, or non huge maze buildings.
- Entities follow their path unless within 3.5 blocks of their target and has line of sight.
- Customizable Pathfinding range, optimized for 128 block radius, gives no performance hitches on my Core2 E8400@3GHz, 256 is easily playable, but a little stuttery maybe.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install CoroUtil.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Enjoy the mod.
Zombie Awareness Mod Download Links:
|File Name||Status||Game Version||Date|
|zombieawareness-1.10.2-1.11.3.jar||Release||1.10.2||Feb 7, 2017|
|zombieawareness-1.7.10-1.10.jar||Release||1.7.10||Mar 7, 2016|
|zombieawareness-1.8.9-1.9.7.jar||Release||1.8.9||Feb 7, 2016|
Credits : mod-minecraft.net