Zoology Mod 1.10.2/1.9.4
Zoology is an animal breeding mod who’s mechanics are based on real world genetic mechanics. Craft a magnifying glass to start analysing your sheeps, cows and pigs. If you hover over a compatible entity, it will show a popup display of the traits. This will be invaluable for selecting the animals you wish to breed.
There are potions that can help you in your task:
- The “potion of cloning” will cause any animal in ‘love’ to give birth to a genetically identical offspring.
- The “potion of genetic corruption” will randomly shuffle a portion of the target’s genes. This can create genes that do not naturally occur in spawned animals, but can also lead to infertility.
- The “potion of autogamy” is similar to cloning, except the offspring will be a genetic recombination of it’s parent’s DNA (as if two clones had mated).
Friendly Three Headed Sheep
- This mod is intended to be slow and take a long time, since many generations will be needed to breed the traits you wish.
- Sheep wool color is now part of their genetic code. This means that manually changing their wool color with a dye will not affect their offspring.
- Be careful when breeding though since inbreeding depression is a danger. As genetic variation falls, different attributes will start to suffer.
- Negative values for “Drop modifiers” reduce the number of drops but there will always be at least 1 actual item dropped.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
Zoology Mod Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.9.4
For Minecraft 1.10.2